How is the web design business?
This business is a train wreck to be honest! So many people are over promising results and not delivering on what they say they can do. Anyone can type a message on social media claiming to be able to do anything and someone will flock to it and bite on their offer. The issue is, how do you know what a designer can do?
Here are a few things you can do to protect yourself when interviewing a web designer:
- Ask for a portfolio of work
- Speak with a client of theirs ( Clients speak the truth)
- Find out what platform they use
- Will you have access to the design files, graphics and templates created?
- What is the time frame for completion?
Here is how you can be a better design client:
- Web designers do not know your business, we know how to make it appear online so please be able to provide content that tells a story about you or your company
- Know what functionality you want ( Email, shopping cart, blogs, forms, etc.)
- Know what you do not know (If you created a site with WIX, you are NOT a web designer so please be open to advice)
I take an approach that differs from most of the market with my clients. I will do a free consultation with you where we spend about 30 minutes asking some direct questions about your goals and your business. At the end of that call, I am honest about what I am able to do and if I feel we are a fit to work together. You have to have a rapport with your designer, creating an image online is a big step for businesses, one that could be very profitable for you. Click below to schedule a call with me.